School is out, the pools are open, and that classic Will Smith song is once again getting radio play, this can only mean one thing – Summer time is here. Now, for some this is time to kick at the beach, get the grill going and chill by the pool, but for me and many others trying to slim down, this is a time when BBQ and ice cream are seen every weekend. Well Nutrisystem (and myself) and are here to help you stay on track with some great tips on how to enjoy your summer and still keep those pounds off!!
1. Bring your “BBQ-esque” Nutrisystem meal of choiceà Nutrisystem’s Hamburgers, Chicken and Hot Dogs are great on the grill! That way you still feel part of the BBQ eating festivities while staying on program.
2. Wheat rolls and bun, this way you give everyone a healthier option
3. Following the guidelines of your grocery guide – create a garden salad with all your favorite vegetables with various dressings on the side. That way everyone can choose what dressing is best for them, but the salad also allows you to get in your add-in additions while on program. To make a complete meal, top with some grilled chicken.
4. Grill some vegetables on the BBQ: Fun way to do this and to have the kids get involved, make vegetable shish kabobs! Then all that is left to do is toss them on to the BBQ and makes a great side dish (or condiment too!).
5. Try to steer away from items drenched with BBQ sauce as this will only add in extra calories and typically is high in sugar and sodium.
6. Make sure to have iced water on hand: Toss in some slices of citrus fruits (i.e. oranges, lime and lemons) or even cucumbers too. This makes it different and is quite refreshing!
7. For dessert you can have your Nutrisystem Dessert with the group, but also have a healthy option such as fruit salad or fruit kabobs for you and your guests. The kids can even help out with making them.
8. If your like me, you want to enjoy that margarita just as much as the next person, but the pre-made mixes are FULL of un-needed calories. If you over 21, try the Skinny Girl Margarita which is only 100 calories per serving (limit yourself to one).
9. For the under 21 crowd, try mixing your favorite fruit juice with sparkling water for a fun, bubbly treat, or try a fresh fruit smoothie made with fruit, non-fat milk and ice.
I’ve been on the Nutrisystem program for 2 months now and have lost 35lbs and was met two goals this past Father’s Day weekend: 1) I was able to fit back into my bathing suit I wore to Mexico on vacation last year! 2) I was able to fly without asking for a belt extension, something I have had to do for the last 2yrs!
Be sure to follow me on Twitter via @Entertainisa for daily updates as I follow the Nutrisystem program!!!
Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog