Season 9 SYTYCD auditions wrap up on Day 2 of the SLC Utah auditions. And this day delivers.CLICK HERE TO SEE SYTYCD SALT LAKE CITY DAY 1 RECAP
- Dareian Kujawa, 19 – auditioning in contemporary style
- Adrian Lee, 22 – auditioning in contemporary style
More on these dancers:
- Had a rough upbringing, at the age of 14 there was never any food in the fridge and he hated the idea of going home. That’s when he started to use dance as his outlet.
- Dareian: “I set a list of goals for myself, dance goals, and after I did that I started dedicating myself solely to dancing. And it pulled me out of that dark place and it gave me faith, something to believe in.”
- Nigel thought that he was “absolutely fabulous” but that he has “lousy feet”.
- Mary: “You’ve got a lot of things that people with great feet don’t have. Great heart, great passion, and check out those abs!”
- Adam: “WOOOOO! ARE YOU KIDDING?! You are what this show is all about. You will have choreographers clawing each other’s eyes out trying to get at you if you keep dancing like that. Having that type of consistency, stamina, strength; along with keeping a connection with the music and the dancing is what it is all about on this show. I thought you were awesome!”
- Was very nearly on SYTYCD season 7, where Mary went to his home and told him the bad news that he would not be on the show that season.
- Adrian says that when he watched season 8 he knew that he had made a mistake by giving up on getting onto the show and regretted it.
- Adrian: “This is my dream. This is my number one goal.”
- It was so hard on his entire family when he didn’t make it onto season 7 that he’s kept this audition a secret.
- The judges disliked Adrian’s choreography (there was a lot of the dreaded self-worshiping) but didn’t let that sway their decision since this is a dancing show, not a choreography show.
- Adam: “You have unbelievably beautiful lines. I personally think that this show would be incredibly good for you. You have gained lots of confidence.”
- Mary: “Yes, you have to know how hard that was for me last time. I was crying right along with your family. I’m gonna cry now, shoot. … It was especially hard because you were this close. You have a lot of strength in you. …your command and your presence, your strength, your technique. You’ve got the right technique.”
Next Choreography Round