Movies have the Oscars, TV has the Emmy’s, and Broadway has the Tony’s so it is only fair that the digital fashion world is also honored with an awards ceremony all their own. This is where the Fashion 2.0 Awards fill that gap, founded by Yuli Ziv (also the founder of the Style Coalition, the Fashion 2.0 Awards celebrate everything from Best Twitter and Facebook to this year’s new category of Best Pinterst.
Hosted by TV personality and Fashion Guru Robert Verdi, last night’s ceremony presented awards to some very big names in fashion like Marc Jacobs who walked about with two awards including Top Innovator, Best Twitter was won by @DKNY for the forth year in a row, and Saks Fifth Avenue scored two awards as well including Best Blog by a Fashion Brand.
The 2nd Annual Visionary Award was presented to Jennifer Hyman and Jenny Fleiss, founder of Rent the Runway and Barneys New York Creative Ambassador at Large Simon Doonan provided a funny and witty keynote speech. Presenters for the night are all members of the Style Coalition and included bloggers like Bryce Gruber of TheLuxurySpot.com, Alexander Liang of AlexanderLiang.com, Justin Livingston from ScoutSixteen.com, and many more. Rent the Runway was also kind enough to dress many of the nights presenters and VIP attendees.
2013 Fashion 2.0 Award Winners
- Best Twitter: @DKNY
- Best Facebook: Marc Jacobs
- Best Pinterest: Anthropologie
- Best Blog by a Fashion Brand: Saks POV
- Best Website: Saks Fifth Avenue
- Best Mobile App: Gilt on the Go
- Best Online Video: DVF [Through the Glass]
- Best Fashion Startup: Of a Kind
- Top Innovator: Marc Jacobs
- Fashion 2.0 Visionary: Jennifer Hyman and Jenny Fleiss, Rent the Runway Founders
[photo credit: Patrick McMullan]