It’s been a week since the 2014 Winter Olympic Games have kicked off in Sochi, Russia and while we’ve been trying to keep up with all the events in between New York Fashion Week shows and sleep this is the first time we’ve had a chance to bring you an update to all the events. So here is a massive update as to what has been happening in the last week over in Sochi for Team USA.
- After a big fall in the short program by Jeremy Abbott, Team USA managed to pull it together to take home the bronze medal in the first ever Team Figure Skating event.
- In Snowboarding Slopestyle Sage Kotsenburg and Jamie Anderson took home the gold in both the men and women’s event for Team USA.
- 2-time gold medalist Shaun White, who pulled out of the snowboarding slopestyle event, attempted to grab a 3rd gold medal in the snowboarding half-pipe but fell just short of the podium in 4th place.
- In the women’s half-pipe event Kaitlyn Farrington took home the gold while fellow American Kelly Clark nabbed the bronze medal.
- Devin Logan brought home the silver medal in the women’s ski slopestyle event.
Today for the third time in Winter Olympic history Team USA managed to sweep the podium earning all three medals. Joss Christensen, Gus Kenworthy, and Nicholas Goepper will bring make the gold, silver, and bronze medals. This brings the Team USA’s medal count as of Feb. 13th to 12: 4 gold, 2 silver, and 6 bronze.
Starting tomorrow will have daily updates on men’s, women’s and ice dancing figuring skating events as well as beauty breakdowns and interviews with athletes.
The 2014 Winter Olympics Games air exclusively on NBC and other NBC networks and live stream on NBCOlympics.com in the USA.